Argentina Medical Mission
International volunteer opportunity available for healthcare therapist
Our goals are yours
Provide free healthcare -to children and adults with disabilities and limited to none access to health.
Share the experience with professional colleagues and with the local families
Learn with the training modules through Hands with Heart Academy
Why a Medical Mission with Hand with Heart in Argentina?
On a Medical Mission with us, you will have the opportunity to provide free healthcare assistance to children with disabilities and health education to their families, communities and local therapists.
The desert in Argentina is a remote area where resources and services are limited or difficult to access.
By sharing the experience with colleagues from your same profession or similar and being in an international environment, in another country with an unfamiliar geographical space like the jungle and different beliefs, behaviour and culture you’ll play a fundamental role in providing specialised healthcare to local people.
"Make a difference"
Argentina Medical Mission
- Provide free healthcare to children with disabilities.
- Collaboration with local associations, therapists and universities.
- Duration from 10 days.
- Introduction courses by Hands with Heart Academy.
All volunteers are required to have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
This medical mission is ideal for:
All Healthcare professionals are welcome (including students).
Mainly those with clinical experience in the field of neuro-paediatric, manual medicine, and rehabilitation.
What to expect and how will you make an impact as a volunteer?
Providing healthcare practices to children with disabilities, their families and local therapists can go a long way in supporting the wellbeing of children throughout their lives. Volunteers teaching these important skills can make a meaningful difference to children in underserved communities who may not otherwise have access to this kind of information, treatments and suffer for it.
There is also a great opportunity for you as a qualified health professional to share and learn with other colleges from other countries and health professions and to learn from the local community at the same time.
Hands with Heart contribute as a NGO to SDG #3, #4, #5, #10 and #17 with healthcare assistance for vulnerable children with disabilities in remote areas.
Accommodation and location general information
We always seek to offer maximum comfort to our volunteers since we understand that they need a place to rest physically and emotionally.
- 2 volunteers will be assigned per room with its own private bathroom.
- The accommodation is located in an area where you can walk to bars, restaurants, shops, banks and laundries.
- Except in the desert, the accommodation will always have:
- air-conditioning, hot water and Wi-Fi.
- It is recommended to arrive at least 1 day before the mission start
- Contact with the place of accommodation is available to make reservations in case you want to arrive before the start of the Mission, with a special discount.
- If you need a trustworthy person to pick you up from the airport, let us know.
- We will try to meet the food needs of each volunteer. Although we cannot always guarantee 100% that they can be achieved. There will always be a vegetarian option.
- Part of the experience is based on knowing their gastronomic culture.
- In most cases, local meals are based on rice.
- The food is not spicy or overly seasoned.
- Bottled water will always be provided.
Argentina Medical Mission program
Day 1 – Registration and welcome event
Day 2, 3, 4, 5 – Healthcare assistance at Day Care Centers and Guided Home Visits
Day 6 – Day off, optional tourist activity.
Day 7, 8, 9, 10 Healthcare assistance at Day Care Centers and Guided Home Visits
Day 10 Closing event.
Essential country information
|Capital||Buenos Aires (Argentina)|
Weather and climate
The southwestern sector of the Chaco plain is dry and temperate, it rains very little and the sandy terrain allows the little water that falls to penetrate. There are very different temperatures between day and night, and between summer and winter. In summer, temperatures close to or equal to 40 °C are supported during the day, but the nights are cool. In winter the thermometer frequently drops below 0 °C.
Summary – the mission includes:
- Breakfast & lunch
- Local transport
- Cultural immersion
- Training program
- On-line classes
- On-site guidance
- Personalised preparation tools, guides and checklists.
- Certificate of Hands with Heart
- Medical insurance
- PCR test
- Airport Transfer
Last Medical Missions
October 16th till 22nd Volunteers 3 / Sessions 38 / Beneficiaries 38